Modify a Plan
At Ahmann Design we realize that it's hard to find the house plan that meets 100% of your needs - that's why we offer house plan modification services for all of our plans. For only $50, we will supply you with a detailed estimate so you can make an educated decision when buying your home. And, if you decide to purchase the plan and revisions, the $50 fee will be credited towards your revision order. Please note that a reproducible or CAD file must be purchased before modifications can be made to any house plan. Simply follow these steps, and you'll be on your way to creating your dream home.
- Register with Ahmann Design through the link provided at the top of every page.
- Once you find a plan you would like a modification quote for, simply type that plan number in the search box to locate the plan.
- Select the "modify this plan" hot link at the top of the red bar located directly above the rendering of the front of the home.
- Complete the transaction to purchase the modification services.
- Download our Modification Request Form, fill it out, and fax it to us at 319-395-7933. Please be as specific as possible when listing details.
- Our designers will review your requests and determine whether or not the changes are feasible from a structural standpoint.
- After we have received your FAX, we will contact the original designer for a quote to make the changes you have requested and e-mail you an estimate within 3-5 business days.
- After you review and approve the estimate, please return a signed copy with a deposit of 75 % of the total revision amount. The remaining 25% will be due prior to shipping of revised house plans.
- Finally, contact one of our Client Services Representatives at 800-725-6852 to purchase the reproducible or CAD file. We will then put you in direct contact with the original designer to complete your revisions, or you can take the reproducible or CAD file to a local drafter and have the plans modified on your own.*
*Please note that you are purchasing a SINGLE BUILD license and any modified plans can only be used to build one dwelling.
**You may be required to have a local architect or designer review the plans in order to have them comply with your state or county building codes.
***. The modification fee of $50 can only be applied one time to the plan purchase for which the changes were request. Additional changes not listed on the original request form will require another $50 fee that cannot be applied to a plan purchase.